Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Bare Naked Honest Truth

Alright, my friends.  It's just about go time on P90x.  As a Beachbody coach I feel this odd sense of obligation to complete this 3 month program in it's entirety, even if it is very "2008 of me".  It feels like this noble right of passage into the organization if you will.  So I'm #keepinitreal and letting it ALL hang out.  No, literally.  I am posting a "before" picture.  And I'm showing it all.  I could go all Perez Hilton on this photo and circle every area that I am critiquing in my head right  now.  Okay, I'll just say it...my glaringly pasty, non-six pack mid section.  This is no joke.  And I'm putting it out there to keep me accountable.  And this is my 4th Beachbody program I've had to take "before" and "after" photos for.  First was PiYo, second was Les Mills Combat (I also doubled up and did CIZE halfway through that program, which was only 4 weeks, and I finished it up a couple of weeks ago).  And this is the first time, in all of those pictures, that I've taken my top off to show the area I'd rather keep hidden for the rest of eternity.


As a point of reference, I just took my "after" pictures for Les Mills Combat on Friday.  Look at me, all confident and smiley in a gloriously covering tank top  that hid all of this nonsense going on right now in my midsection.  I will admit that Les Mills was amazing for my arms and legs, but I never reaped quite the benefit for the midsection that I wish I had.  I loved that program though and I'd do it again in a heartbeat FYI.  Rach, one of the main trainers, IMHO is a total badass.  But that tanktop...that dang tanktop is my source of comfort.  And I have to let it go so I can expose the areas I need to improve on.


So, I am planning on pushing play on P90x sometime tomorrow.  Usually I get my workout in during the morning so that's my goal :).  Wish me luck!  I have every intention on checking back in to report on how day 1 all went down.  See ya on the flipside :).

No comments:

Post a Comment