Thursday, September 24, 2015

All About the Core

Bonjour my peeps!  So today was day 5 of my recovery week in cycle 1 of P90x.

So the schedule of the recovery week for cycle 1 goes like this:

Day 1: Yoga X
Day 2: Core Synergistics
Day 3: Kenpo X
Day 4: X Stretch
Day 5: Core Synergistics
Day 6: Yoga X

As you will note (because I know you are all super observant, right?), this was the second time I did Core Synergistics this week.  I've already covered Yoga X and Kenpo X a few weeks ago, and I covered Stretch X yesterday, so this was the workout lacking a review.

The big reason I didn't cover it on Monday?  I was on day 3 of my 3 Day Refresh, and I couldn't push myself very hard...and I didn't even get to the bonus round.

So that brings me to today and a new stab at Core Synergistics...with extra energy!!

As I have discussed previously, my abs and core are where I want the greatest results.  After having 2 babies, they don't firm up as easily as they used to.  I have to work twice as hard on them these days it seems.

One day I want to be like the pretty people with the perfect 6 packs....


Lol, who am I kidding?  I like food too much...  But it would be nice.

Anyway, so this workout is actually pretty nice.  As Tony does, he leads you through several rounds of exercises.  In this workout he constantly rotates between different muscles in the core.  Many are standing, some are on the floor.  And there is a definite degree of cardio involved.  He also incorporated weights, arms and legs in this well rounded workout.  So, it definitely extends well beyond the core itself.  

I kind of liked a few that he did which started you on your stomach which worked your back, and then flipped you on your back which worked your abs.  Felt like a good burn and stretch all in one.

And I did press on to the bonus round today and it was a challenge boost at the end.  

Anyway, overall it was a nice little shakeup of a workout.  I will look forward to it again in a month when I get to my next recovery week.

Have a great Thursday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment