Monday, September 21, 2015

Crossroads

So, no.  This is not about the 3 Day Refresh.  I have been pondering whether to blog or not to blog as I've been going through it day by day.  Since there are definite highs and lows on a refresh (which I'm on day 3 THANK YOU!) I decided I'd wait until I finished it to give the complete synopsis.

So stay tuned for that....

This is about something unexpected that occurred this morning.  And to talk about it I am going to give you a little bit more info on my personal life. I've been going back and forth about incorporating my family into this blog because my posts really haven't focused on them thus far, and unlike Facebook, where I know who I've friended and what posts I've dedicated to Friends Only (my family posts mostly) I'm not aware of who reads my Blog.  But it seems that in order to explain I will have to give you guys some BACKSTORY!!!

I am a mom of two amazing kids.  I love them to the moon and back.  Especially since they've reached this amazing age of early childhood where we have awesome conversations and they still want to snuggle with me, but they are old enough to pour a bowl of cereal.   And I know how fast they've been growing and I know time is fleeting and all I want to do is spend precious time with them.

I've had a convenient part time job over the past 6 months.  It's not a lot of hours but it helps pay some of the bills and it's super flexible in that I've gotten to spend all kinds of time with the kiddos. Win - win.  So, I just got a call today where I found out that they are eliminating my position entirely.  While I knew this wasn't a forever job, I was REALLY hoping it would last me at least a few more months...or real talk...when I have finally built my business to the place where I would make it my only paycheck.

So, that brings us back to why I created this blog, and why I run challenge groups, and why I'm constantly looking to better myself and others.  My HEART is in being a Beachbody Coach.  Let's get real...I never stayed up at night dreaming of my soon-to-be-gone part time job.  I never spent hours and hours doing personal development and seminars and training for that old job.  No, my passion and focus over the last 4 months has been in my business.  But a business is not created overnight.  It takes time and effort and heart, along with amazing support which I have been so blessed to receive.  In many ways it feels like my calling.  Like someone is holding my hand and pulling me very firmly in that direction.  They say the last thing you think about at night and the first thing that comes to mind in the morning is where your heart is...well my friends, my heart is in being a Beachbody Coach.  100%.

But, I wasn't ready for that break just yet.  So now it's off to look at more job options and really, is this where I want to go?  Will I be able to find something so perfect as to have the right pay, along with the flexible hours I need and most importantly, be enjoyable???  My heart is heavy and confused at the moment.  Looking for some clarity and guidance for the path I'm supposed to take.  Do I go ALL IN on Beachbody and take the risk?  Or do I continue to work a "day job" in the meantime.

I hate big decisions.  More to come, kiddos....

No comments:

Post a Comment