Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Meme-Worthy Workout: Leg Day

Ah yes....I knew it was coming....



Leg Day had finally arrived....

And I was anticipating the pain.  I knew that I couldn't escape it.


So, in typical P90x fashion, leg day is a whole HOUR of like 467,932 DIFFERENT leg exercises that work every muscle in your legs that you own (and even some muscles that you don't own) approximately 4,521 times each.  I know in an early post I mentioned that I hated burpees and push-ups.  I forgot to mention that lunges are on par with those exercises in my book.


 And you do a TON of lunges.  Along with squats.  And hold them and HOLD them until your legs are numb.  But you finally get through...


There are a couple of nice parts about P90x legs and back (see the "and back" part?).  First, you take breaks when your legs are super jelly and work on your back.  Since I still haven't put my pull up bar up, I used bands and I really liked the burn in some other muscles that are not related to the lower half of my body.  Secondly, you don't repeat a single one of the leg exercises.  Which honestly in my book is a great thing, because after getting to the halfway point I didn't want to anticipate what was up next.  It was MUCH BETTER to have Tony throw new material in there to keep me thinking.  If I knew what was coming next it would have been harder to pull through.

Finally, after about 55 minutes....we hit the stretch section.  Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!  Best. Stretch. Ever.  And I EARNED it!


I followed it up again with Ab Ripper X, which I know a little better by now but is still a challenge, and will continue to be throughout the 3 month program.

Proud of myself for making it through and had a nice protein shake after it was over, but I'm a little afraid of what tomorrow might bring.


See ya later, gators!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment