Friday, September 4, 2015

Mama Said Knock You Out

Finally!!!!

I made it to the end of of week one of P90x!!!! (Unless I chose to do the 57 minute stretch DVD tomorrow - but clearly REST DAY is a REAL option for day 7).   And I didn't die!!!! Hooray!!!!

So this morning was another cardio workout.  A martial arts themed, heart pumping. sweat inducing workout called Kenpo X.  The huge P90x introductory book (more like a novel, really) lies and tells you it is 55 minutes.  When you pop that sucker into your DVD player you see that the countdown clock says 58 minutes.  But you've already committed yourself to an insane workout so I guess you just suck up those extra 3 minutes and go.  At least that was my attitude.

From hereon out, I think to keep the normal schedule of strength day followed by cardio/stretch day, I am just going to switch Kenpo X and Yoga days because I have more time on Fridays to get the longer workout in.

So I started up the DVD, Tony gave his little intro (and Tony just kills me man.  He's so like Superman or something.  He's got perfect hair and he's just this super confident perfect person.  I think when he ends his workouts he goes off and saves the planet or something), and it was go time, or "Bring It" as the graphic on the screen advertises before each workout.

I was kind of excited to try Kenpo X.  As I had mentioned in my first or 2nd post I had just completed the entire Beachbody Martial-Arts Themed "Les Mills Combat" over the past 9 weeks before starting P90x. And I even stepped it up a notch from their starter schedule to "Supreme Warrior" which was definitely more intense.


(Me doing Les Mills Combat.  And I love the picture because it makes me feel like a badass - kind of...as much as an awkward girl can be a badass).

So I even stepped it up and got my Combat gloves out because they help my punches.  And I have to say......Tony is a brilliant trainer, but #keepinreal here, the original P90x program was made a good 5 years or so before Combat.  And I think that Beachbody learned and improved on a few things.  Mainly, Combat is choreographed to awesome music.  Like heart pumping "in the club" kind of tracks, and it's infectious and you burn 4,516 calories before you even blink your eye.  And P90x had some zen type of track playing in the background while Tony did sets and counted down kicks and punches.  So it seemed to take 3 times as long to get through that program than a normal Combat program.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it but I'll be honest and say that I had the thought in the back of my mind that I want to throw in Combat's Extreme Cardio Warrior 60 as a substitute on occasion.

But I still feel like I got an awesome workout. I was covered in sweat (so lovely, I know) and ready to take on my day when it was over!

Have an awesome Friday, peeps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment