Monday, September 14, 2015

Blue

Dear readers, I love you...hundreds of you it seems (so thank you for reading my random musings).  I've been trying to think of a fun upbeat blog for a few days now, but it has been far from my grasp.

Which has lead me to write about my truth.  I suffer from depression.  Most of the time it is manageable.  Sometimes it's debilitating.  Like I want to stay in bed all day debilitating.



I've dealt with it most of my adult life, and winters in the Midwest are literally unbearable.  I almost moved to NOLA a couple of years ago and I think it's always a possibility that we could fly away from here at some point.  I dream of California.  That's where I want to be.

So, this is one reason I'm so big into health and fitness.  It helps keep me in check most of the time.  Clean eating, plenty of water, a good workout can help/cure a lot of what ails me, but not everything.  It can keep the darkness at bay for awhile.

After a few great weeks of positivity, my inner demons have caught back up with me.  I just can't seem to shake them permanently.

I will say that I've still NOT missed a single workout of P90x.  I did week 3's Plyometrics workout today and it definitely got the blood pumping for awhile.  And I spent a good deal of the morning in the sunshine.  I've even invested in essential oils this year.  Trust me, I've researched like every single option out there.

Hoping this spell passes quickly.  I have limited days of sunshine (my "good" days) left before dark and dreary skies decide to hang out for a good 6 months around here.

Thanks for checking in on me.

1 comment:

  1. Boo. Hang in there sister. You have no other choice. I will be sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete