Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Serenity Now

Hello my readers!

As you may recall if you've been following me all the WAY back to the VERY beginning of this blog (like 30 days ago, but who's counting really??), I kicked it all off as I was starting the P90x program.

Now you may or may not know how the program works.  Essentially it takes place over 90 days.  And there are three cycles.  Each cycle has 2 phases.  The mastery phase (which in 2 of the cycles lasts for 3 weeks) and the recovery phase (which lasts for 1 week).  I have successfully covered each of the workouts in the first mastery phase but I have yet to discuss the recovery phase.

So I hit my first recovery phase on Sunday.  And the timing was glorious as it clicked with my 3 day refresh.  Now, the recovery phase DOES incorporate some of the mastery programs - Yoga X and Kenpo X specifically, but it also now adds in Stretch X and Core Synergistics.  So, the theme of this week is stretching and core work with a bit of cardio thrown in.

Today was Stretch X.  And I LLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEDDDDD it.  Like seriously loved it.  To keep it real, I COULD have done Stretch X prior to today's assigned workout, as it is always an option on your specified rest day.  But I mean really, I am resting on my rest day.  Who am I kidding?

So, it took me getting to week 4 of P90x to experience this little gem.  And it rocked my world.

If I could give you a visual....


Serenity now.  I felt stretched, centered and less exhausted than Yoga X.  (And on a side note...I've started adding sweaty selfies of the day as shown above...click on my JUST ADDED Instragram account link up top to check them out if you are so inclined to indulge in my narcissism :)).

X Stretch was 57 minutes of pure stretching.  And it used a few of the same moves from Yoga X, but really it was like the glorious feeling of a cool down after a hard workout.  But for 57 minutes.  57 minutes of pure perfection.

Can I just do this one every day???  Seriously, it was amazing.

Okay, I guess that wraps up my post.  Thanks for spending 5 minutes of your day with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment