Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Namaste, friends! (Yeah, I did "The Yoga One" this morning)

So, I've heard about "The Yoga One" for years.  In fact, I knew very little about any of the other P90x workouts other than they were really hard.  Some people loved "The Yoga One", and some people hated it.  The biggest drawback to it that I could see is that it's 92 minutes long.  I can't actually do this workout during one of the mornings that I work because of time constraints, so I switched today's workout out with tomorrow's (I was SUPPOSED to do "The Yoga One" tomorrow).

Okay, so some backstory (I really haven't gotten into much of my Origins story on this blog yet - lol.  I'm guessing I'll end up documenting it like my all time favorite television show - LOST, in a series of vibrant flashbacks throughout my posts....okay not quite as cool, but you get the picture...).  So.....BACKSTORY..., unlike most people, my very first Tony Horton experience was in person back in July.  I went to a Super Saturday event here in Indianapolis where he spoke  and I did a LIVE workout with him.  Badass!!!  I felt like a badass, anyway :).


But one of the best parts of the workout was the very end (I mean the very end is CLEARLY the best part of any workout, but I digress)....he had us all in Lotus pose and we all had to chant "Ommmmmm" over and over.  At one point he walked right past me and smirked at me (I probably looked all kinds of ridiculous but it was still pretty cool that Tony Horton acknowledged my presence).  I'd never been in a room with 400 people chanting (as I'm guessing most people haven't), and I kind of loved it.

So, flash forward to this morning.  I got to do "The Yoga One".  Luckily I woke up feeling kind of chill and centered so I was kind of in the yoga zone anyway.  As all of the programs, he does NOT mess around.  The first 45 minutes was constantly moving through the poses and working up a serious sweat.  I was totally exhausted and dripping by the end of the first half.  And as much as I didn't know if I could get through the second half of yesterday's Plyo, I was SERIOUSLY not sure I could make it through this time.  But then the heavens parted and the sun shone down and the second half was holding static poses.  Don't get me wrong, some were seriously hard.  I don't know if I will ever master the crane pose, but he incorporated some of my all time favorite yoga poses and I finally got to my centered place of zen.  And, yes, we did end with the lotus pose and "Ommmms" and it made me smile.

Verdict from the first time around (as I'll do this workout a number of times in the 3 month cycle) is good.  I liked "The Yoga One" and I will enjoy doing it next time as long as I am able to set a serious block of time aside to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment