Monday, September 7, 2015

It's All Real. Really Really Really Real.

This picture is me right now, finally after getting cleaned up for the day.  It sums up how I feel.  Beyond tired.  Exhausted.  Cooked.  Stick a fork in me.  I'm DONE.


 

Long story short, we bought a new (new to us anyway) house last year.  And I thought sometime last winter - let's restain ALL of the freaking kitchen cabinets, and add a tile backsplash!!!  I bought all the stuff, got the backsplash up....and couldn't figure out how to get the faceplates back on.  Then I watched the DVD that came with the restaining kit.  It seemed like a massive amount of work...so the kit sat in the garage.  For months.  Until I realized we had a whole 3 day weekend for Labor Day.  Yay!  We can get all of this done AND still do fun stuff!!! I even told a friend we would get together.  Nope.  Nada.  I spent all FREAKING WEEKEND on this kitchen project.

But, this blog is about health and nutrition and fitness (not just fitness entire pizza in my mouth - which was Saturday night dinner because we had no access to any cooking utensils - including the oven.) so I should discuss how I got through the weekend otherwise unscathed for the most part.  So, nutrition.....started each morning with Shakeology - I found my blender and made it happen.  I drank them out of blue solo cups, but it happened.  I literally CANNOT start my day without my ShakeO.  Lunches were - day 1 - Arby's roast beef sandwich and day 2 - Subway 1/2 roast beef sub on wheat - no tempting sides either day.  Dinners were - day 1 - pizza (my bad point) and day 2 - we actually went OUT to dinner and I had a delicious paleo burger and fruit.  Today for lunch I had a turkey burger and a salad for lunch and grabbed a peach and protein bar for dinner.  

So, even though I was scattered - all over my kitchen, I was still about to keep it (mostly) together on my food choices.  And even though I was exhausted, working from sun up to sun down for 3 solid days - guys, I got in my P90x.  As I mentioned yesterday, I got week 2 of chest and back in, and man did I feel it today as I was staining wood.  I also got plyometrics in today after a full day of manual labor (I didn't do it immediately because I wanted to get the other stuff done - which meant that I didn't get to my workout until 7 and my reserves were spent, but I DID IT.  I didn't want to wake up tomorrow with regrets that I had already screwed up my workout schedule just into week 2.)

So, that brings us to the picture at the top of the page.  I wish I had something fun, or witty or snarky to say.  I just don't.  I have nothing left to give.  

The cabinets do look pretty awesome, though.  Even if it meant giving up my entire holiday weekend.  I think I need a glass of (healthy) red wine in bed before I fall asleep here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment