Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What Makes You Tick???

Happy Wednesday, friends.  The sun is shining and it's kind purdy here in the Midwest USofA.

So, I recently took this little assessment that I had to pay for....so I take stock in the results JUST a little bit more than your standard "which celebrity do you look most like" quiz on Facebook.

And I have to say that it was kind of cool.  It assessed your top 5 strengths.  And, I want to try to tap into these to be the best that I can be.

So mine were (in order)

1    Empathy
2    Adaptability  
3    Intellection  
4    Input  
5    Connectedness  

Interesting.

So to break it down with the SHORTEST description possible I could find for each category...

"Empathy - People who are especially talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations."

Okay, I buy this.  I have always gotten sucked into other's emotions.  And if I am having a really deep conversation with someone who has a serious problem and needs my listening ear, it honestly sometimes exhausts me so much that I need to take a nap afterwards.  This is NOT saying that I don't like listening to their feelings and wanting to help, it's the opposite, I get very invested...I just think I just naturally pick up their energy and hold onto it, it's part of who I am.

"Adaptability - People who are especially talented in the Adaptability theme prefer to “go with the flow.” They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time."

I'd agree with this one as well. Maybe it's all my years working in property management and having to turn on a dime, but I can usually rebound from things fairly well.

"Intellection - People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions."

This was my major... like... "what is intellection?", but I actually agree with this one as well.  I need some introspection every single day.  I need to have down time where I can focus on my thoughts and ideas without interruption.  And if you know me, I'm always down for good intelligent conversation for sure!

"Input - People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information."

Yes, definitely.  But it has to be something I'm interested in.  Sorry, it's not going to be anything about a Fantasy Football Team.  But when I really get invested in something I tend to read every resource out there about it.  

And finally...

"Connectedness - People who are especially talented in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason."

I smile when I read this because maybe it's my corny romantic/optomistic side, but I feel like everyone who crosses our path does so for a reason.  Like the TV show L,O.S.T., right?  (I think I've already mentioned that show before but seriously people, it is good...catch it on Netflix if you missed the phenomenon).

So that was it. Thanks for ready my little narcissistic post.  I kind of love me for me, you know what I mean?  It's awesome to nail down exactly what makes you tick.  And I appreciate my quirks and nuances even more :).

Have an awesome day, peeps!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment