Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Gettin' Ripped...I Mean Fatigued...Eventually Ripped

Good Tuesday afternoon to you peeps.  Today is dreary and rainy and I just kind of want to lounge around in pajamas and drink coffee and snuggle with a warm fuzzy blanket.

But I didn't allow that to happen.  I exercised my willpower muscle this morning and got started with a new-to-me workout in the P90x catalog....Back and Biceps.

Now that I'm in month 2 week 1, this workout is new to the rotation for me.  And it was pretty much everything I expected it to be.  Tony....and heavy weights.

Honestly, when I looked at the professional shots used throughout this program of Tony and Dreya and the advertisements for P90x, this kind of workout always came to mind.



Lots and lots of reps with heavy weights and a pull-up bar.  The program was a bit shorter at only 51 minutes (they are always around an hour) and you did a good 10 minute warmup to get you into it all.

But I worked my bicep muscles...and this was AFTER I had done Cardio X for the doubles schedules.  So when I say I worked my muscles, I mean I WORKED my muscles.  Previously in other workouts I'd worked my shoulders to the point of fatigue, but for the first time my biceps were toast.  At the beginning I was starting with 15 pound weights, middle I was pretty consistent with 10 lbs and at the end I was just getting by with 8 lbs.  I seriously thought I would drop the weight on my feet in the last exercise.

The back part was great as well.  As I have been doing all along, I have been using a band in place of the pullup bar, and it's been working well for me.  I am a bit afraid of the pullup bar if truth be told.  But the band, while not as strenuous as the pullup bar, gives my back a great stretch and I love the good hurt.

So, basically it was rotating between back and biceps and back for a good 40 minutes and then there was a 2 minute or so cool down.

And then I finished with Ab Ripper X.  So, instead of just lounging in my pj's, I did 3 workouts that took about 2 hours total to complete.

And now I'm pretty done...so you can stick a fork in me (and then I'll change into my pajamas and grab my fuzzy blanket :)).  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment