Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Reboot Is About To Get Real

Alright kiddos, starting this weekend I'm about to do something I haven't attempted in a hot minute.  A detox/cleanse if you will.  I have done a few in the past and they normally end up like this.....


I always have great intentions I do, but I normally crash hard a couple of days in.  One cleanse I used to on a regular basis was the "Fat Flush".  I drank an unholy amount of cranberry juice and ate eggs covered in paprika for a week.  It was a 2 week plan and I never got to week 2 in any of my half dozen attempts.

But this is a 3 day Refresh and I'm actually really thinking this one will be manageable.  They let you eat throughout the entire program (although you cut out dairy, sugar, caffeine alcohol...all the fun stuff - lol).  The recipes look good and the snacks provide options for things that I would actually choose to snack on and there are several shakes included that give you protein and fiber.  Plus I still get my beloved daily morning Shakeology as part of the plan.

I sat down to make my grocery list this morning and it suddenly got super real.  Saturday - Monday my body will be in boot camp mode and I plan to document the experience (good/bad/if I end up throwing a chair out the window...stay tuned).  Not quite sure how I will document my weight loss as the scale and I are permanently on non-speaking terms, but I am hoping to slip into some of my smaller jeans by the end of it all.  That's the goal anyway.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment